Wednesday 28 May 2014

This Week So Far...

 This week so far I've mainly been working hard to get all orders done for the week as we're going away today. It'll be nice with a mini holiday in West Wales for sure. I really really need it now that my belly seems to have reached a massive proportion. It is heaaaaavyyyy!
 As usual it is a mix of things in on the order list, but it keeps me entertained and it's nice not to do the same thing over and over again (which I guess I do anyway...).
 Been trying out some different packaging ideas for MobiLOVE as well. And I think this one is the winner so far. It will obviously be in colour, but my printer toner has run out so I need to sort that out. I want to make a backing sheet as well, but I haven't figured that part out yet. Maybe next week :)
 There is a few new patterns in the making. I was drawing like mad the other day and came up with quite a few ideas. We'll see how they come out when they're finished.
 The Lotus flower study is coming along well too. I enjoyed drawing the lotus leaves and think they will look very pretty once coloured in and put into a pattern. This will probably be the most elaborate pattern I've made so far. It will be a challenge but I am looking forward to it. Just hope I won't mess it up along the way with my zero experience in making patterns hehe.
 This has been a long time coming. I have finally started building a website for myself as an artist and designer. I've wanted it for many years but it is so expensive to hire web-designers these days and personally I know nothing about web. But I found this page called Squarespace.com which is absolutely brilliant for someone like me. It costs about $8.00 /month which is a great price. And they let you build your website and customize it for FREE!
So you can try it all out before you pay and design your whole website to see what it would look like. If you like it, you pay and VOILA! You got your own website. And it is absolutely user friendly, anyone can use it. It gets five gold starts from me!!! I am not finished with it yet and it's not live but I hope to be within the next few weeks and would love your opinion on it once it is finished. It is so hard to write about yourself and try to promote what you do. But I think I'm getting there!

Anyway! I will see you on Monday when I get back from Wales. Hope all of you have a great week and weekend! xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your work is amazing! I too use Squarespace for my portfolio, and I think the possibilities they offer are great. It takes some getting used to but once you decide which theme suits you it's easier. From what I see in your photos, your site is coming up great. If you want to check out mine, here it is: www.kanelstrand.com

    Also, please drop by my blog, and let me know if you like clouds: http://blog.kanelstrand.com/

    Dropping by from Bloggers and Readers on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! It's all so pretty and you drawings are great... can't wait to see how you use them in your designs. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING !!!! you are surprising me Every time i stop by :)
    XO VintageByRachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! As always :)

    ReplyDelete