Monday 26 May 2014

Drawings, drawings, drawings...

Happy Monday peoples! Here it is bank holiday today, so another day of rest.... For some anyway. I treat it as a normal working day and I have been working more or less all weekend. I started this pattern that you can see above about a week ago and yesterday I finished it. It was meant for a phone case but I think it is to detailed to come out nice on the actual case. I might make a test print at some point but for now I will keep it as it is. I think it would look cool on tiles funny enough.
I tried it with a black background and a white and I think I like the black the most. Reminds me of an old coffee tin jar.
Tiles for the kitchen maybe?
 I've been drawing quite allot over the weekend. Just trying to get things off my mind and on to paper instead. They're a bit easier to handle once they're on paper. I don't have to think about them anymore then. I've been doing a lotus flower study and I want to create a real nice and floaty pattern out of them. I am thinking in the colours of maroon, mint green, yellow and pink. Need to do a study of the leaves tonight and get some more variations of the flowers in there too.
 This little cutie I drew last night as well. It's been a long long time since I used markers, but I decided that just because one is in to graphic design must not everything be made on the computer. I thought it would make a nice addition to the MobiLOVE phone cases, and it look brilliant on the actual case.
Meow?!
 You can get it for both iPhone 4/4S/5/5S and....
Samsung Galaxy S3/S4...
 I am working hard on giving MobiLOVE an identity at the moment. Right now the shop is in one big mess as I am trying to make the change gradually. It is to much work to be done in one day, and I am still trying to find the right feel for it. I never thought it could be so hard to give something so simple an identity. But maaan I am struggling.
 I am getting a bit closer everyday though and am trying to give it that hand-made feel. And with some rope, a glue gun and a bit of cardboard and a little help from my true companion the computer I think the new Logo looks mint!
What do you think? Does it give you that hand-made feel?
That is that for today. I've got a few orders to finish off today, and on Wednesday we're heading up to west Wales for a few days of rest and rehabilitation. I really need it... Just to get away from the madness of a busy Bournemouth. I can't wait for the silence and the bird song, fields as far as the eye can see and the sea. We're going out on the sea. It will be the first time for me on the actual sea here in the UK. I can't wait and I'll make sure to bring you some juicy pictures from my mini holiday.

1 comment:

  1. The cat drawing is lovely. Looks amazing on that phone case :)

    ReplyDelete