Friday 8 June 2012

The past week...

The past week has been busy indeed. I finally have all the time I need to work on Tomo. I get deeper and deeper into the world of my own business and I love every hour, every minute and every second of it. I decided about three months ago that I would never make iPod cases again. This was when I got overwhelmed with work. I had to many cases to do and along with that I had a degree to finish. It wasn't fun any more and I thought that it was not worth it. So I stopped, and focused on my degree instead. I realize first now that it wasn't the fact that I had to many cases to do, but the fact that I had to finish my degree that took the fun out of what I normally loved doing. I have now made 6 new ipod case designs and also had a few orders through and I love making them again and all of a sudden I have decided to focus really hard on making these a success. I feel that they are very original, but not only that, the love and dedication that goes in to these little sweeties is beyond anything I've experienced before. I hope it doesn't sound crazy, but each one of them holds a special place in my heart. And it is that feeling that has made me realize that I could do this for the rest of my life and probably be the happiest woman on earth.

I have pushed Tomo allot since I finished my degree and I have now managed to get in to two shops, one local business here in Swansea, and an online business too. I will tell you more about it once the items are up in the online shop and I want to take some photos of the shop that supplies my jewellery in town. So there will be a whole blog entry about that next week at some point.

Anyway, there will be more ipod cases in the next coming month. Right now I've got all the fur and felt I need, but I am waiting for two orders, one from Asia and one from America. I have ordered tuns of lovely safety eyes in many vibrant colours. I seriously can't find a good wholesaler here in the UK so I have no other choice but to turn to other countries.

I also have other plans, which will be announced once all my orders have been delivered to me.

Alsooooo I've designed new packaging for the iPod/iPhone cases. I don't know when I'll be able to have them made up but hopefully in not to long. Here is the design anyway, front and back:


Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment